Me in the wild.
Founder and Principal Designer
I founded Maddart Creative in 2016 to bring agency knowledge and expertise to the one-on-one relationships I build with my clients as a contract designer. Working with entrepreneurs to small and medium sized businesses, I’m hell-bent on pushing boundaries and redefining the creative process.
Maddart Creative is committed to engaging clients and creating meaningful experiences through beautiful, innovative work. Maddart Creative collaborates with clients to solve communication problems and bring ideas to life through branding and identity, print and digital design, visual app design, and web design.
- identity and branding
- logo design
- graphic design for print and digital applications
- UX visual design for web and mobile applications
- WordPress sites
- front-end web development
- digital design for ad campaigns and social media
- environmental graphics
- vehicle wraps
- … and so much more!
Co-founder + Chief Creative Officer
December 2016 – Present | Phoenix, AZ
gigapult is changing the future of work. It’s a new WorkTech startup that allows high school students to learn and record new skills, test their abilities through gigs at top companies, and build professional experience to catapult their careers. Think of it as the technology version of mowing lawns, babysitting, and flipping burgers!
✓ We’ve successfully completed the 12-week Seed Spot startup accelerator evening program.
Next, look for us as a new venture at the 2018 ASU+GSV EdTech Summit | April 16-18: asugsvsummit.com
Phoenix Film Festival
October 2013 – Present | Phoenix, AZ
Named one of The 25 Coolest Film Festivals by MovieMaker Magazine, PFF is a program of the 501c(3) non-profit Phoenix Film Foundation. The eight-day event showcases independent filmmaking and attracts over 25,000 attendees.
- Work directly with Festival Director, Art Director, and three designers to establish the upcoming year’s theme
- Design posters that set the theme for the year, including reproducing to fit large format poster banners that would hang on the building’s exterior
- Create smaller posters, badges, flyers, ads and other print collateral based on previously conceptualized theme elements for the current year
- Ensure consistency for the theme and brand is maintained across all platforms
November 2014 – June 2016 | Phoenix, AZ
eeko studio is a boutique agency committed to working with businesses – large or small – to solve communication problems through fresh design and strong marketing strategy.
- Managed between three and eight projects at any given time while acting as main point of contact for our clients
- Principal designer for projects including identity and branding, print and digital design works, and UX design for web and mobile applications
- Lead and collaborated with a team of designers, developers, and copy editors for large scale projects from discovery through concept and design and to execution
- Created project timelines and deadlines and ensure deliverables are delivered on time
- Estimated project hours and cost, working with clients to find the best solutions within their budget
- Interviewed, hired, and mentored design interns to help them grow and learn effective industry skills and trends
Phoenix Comic Fest (formerly Phoenix Comicon)
November 2013 – December 2017 | Phoenix, AZ
3 Years Volunteer-based & 1 Year Contracted Designer
Phoenix Comicon is Arizona’s biggest pop culture convention, attracting more than 100,000 visitors over a four-day event.
- Lead and collaborate with a team of ten designers
- Worked directly with Marketing Director and Art Manager to establish the look and feel of Phoenix Comicon and generate consistent and cohesive assets that represent the brand
- Delegated and managed daily and weekly projects to team to produce hundreds of digital designs for social media and web each year
- Created production templates to streamline process and ensure fast-paced deadlines are met
- Designed large works for convention including environmental graphics for entrance, wayfinding and banners, and backdrops for celebrity and featured panels
- Ensured brand consistency is maintained across all platforms
Community Manager, Promotions Manager, and Lead Designer
ShirtPunch and Nerd Block
www.shirtpunch.com and www.nerdblock.com
November 2013 – July 2014 | Toronto, ON
ShirtPunch is a 24 hour flash retail site for limited edition, pop culture merchandise and Nerd Block is a monthly mystery package that delivers nerdy apparel, toys, and collectibles to subscribers’ doors each month.
- Worked remotely while managing a team of six to effectively and efficiently plan and execute all of ShirtPunch and Nerd Block’s promotional projects and campaigns in a fast-paced environment
- Designed graphics for online campaigns and ensured branding for both companies maintained consistency while still introducing new elements
- Produced designs for both print and digital applications under tight deadlines
- Assisted with planning, online media strategy, and sponsorship outreach to successfully launch two new products within the Nerd Block family: Nerd Block Jr. and Horror Block
- Increased Nerd Block Facebook followers from 9,000 to over 87,000
- Increased Shirt Punch Facebook followers from 62,000 to over 143,000
- Established partnerships with various YouTube personalities, blog sites, and fan sites to increase exposure, engagement, and sales for both companies
- More than doubled numbers for partnerships and established exclusive affiliate relationships
Seven Sin Design
March 2012 – January 2014 | Phoenix, AZ
Seven Sin Design is a local design company that works with businesses all over the nation and internationally. Seven Sin focuses on developing identities, brand collateral, and print design, with vehicle wraps being the company’s recognized forte.
- Worked remotely as principal designer on multiple projects
- Built and maintained happy client relationships by exceeding expectations and completing work within strict deadlines
- Saw projects through with clients from discovery to concept and design to execution
- Built design templates for vehicle wraps, reconciling design elements with complex and changing vehicle constraints
Designer, Customer Service and Sales Representative
The Skylight Guys
March 2011 – December 2011 | Phoenix, AZ
Website management and editing using HTML and CSS. Created print and web graphics, including updated design of company logo.
Social Media Director, Photographer, Graphic Designer
May 2009 – June 2010 | Phoenix, AZ
Managed blog and social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter and WordPress. Managed website and bi-weekly sales and marketing emails. Created print and web graphics. Product photographer and image editor.
Executive Marketing Assistant
MDS Medical Software
July 2007 – May 2009 | Phoenix, AZ
Basic physician website development and maintenance using HTML and CSS. Print design projects included company business cards, marketing handouts, and advertisements. Promoted from Technical Support Receptionist in December 2007.